Hi, hello and great to see you here! Here you can meet the herd (becoming world famous as we speak), discover more about Liz and Izzy, plus learn about some of our many partners, clients, awards, community groups and much more that we are proud to be associated with.
Meet The Herd!
Now we couldn’t have an About Us page without a Meet the Herd too! On more than a few occasions our lovely clients and brilliant strategy business partners ask after the herd rather than ourselves (of course), and in some cases even individual members by name, so let us introduce them to you here now. They even have their own social media in some cases! Anyway, who wants to see a boring About Us page, we certainly dont!
Miss DaisyThe Fluffy One
Miss DominoThe Noisy One
Griffin (Glorous Protector)Security
PearlThe Cute One
MarmiteHoudini & Hooligan
Charlie BearThe Quiet One
The HaggisThe Squeaky Ones
Feathered Chicken GirlsThe Messy Ones
Your Normal About Us “Stuff”
Based in Wiltshire, our focus is on supporting small to medium-sized rural businesses to escape the village and share their services and products with the bigger audience they deserve! Although born in North London Liz moved with her family to Somerset when she was only four years old. Since then has had a life of horses, dogs, farms, far too many sheep and quite a few chickens!
The Origins of Escape the Village
Starting as EAG Consultancy in South Hampshire during the early 2010s while originally offering one-day workshops and short courses in WordPress, social media and bookkeeping Liz grew the business until she was partnering with organisations like West Sussex Adult Education, Hampshire Learning and even the local college at St Vincents, Gosport. During this time with her daughter having only just started school, it was a side hustle that grew and offered a full-time income alongside a handful of freelance marketing contracts as well. However when the family moved to Gloucestershire in 2014 and then Wiltshire two years later the opportunity to take on something bigger came along.
While continuing to work with a small handful of business owners (including her husband as he launched his own business) Liz was tempted into corporate marketing and spent some years firstly as an international marketing manager for a scientific supplies company, then a national marketing manager for a training company and finally became a brand manager for a national property business. Throughout this entire time, the pull of going full-time again with her own business was still there though and this was when EAG became Escape the Village.
Escape the Village was launched in October 2023 when Liz finally left her brand management role and she rebranded EAG, although the golden unicorn remained and continues to fly above us to this day!
From memberships and customers to business awards and sponsorships discover more about our community.
Liz Graney – Our Founder
Liz is a sought-after trainer (a qualified FE tutor), consultant and highly respected national speaker. She comes from a background of over thirty years of business experience as a business owner and business manager but also has specialist experience in the service sector and in particular the hospitality, property, training and equestrian industries. As a working mum with a teenage daughter and older sons, she is fully understanding of the challenges that most business owners discover within their first few years with a new business and beyond.
Among her experiences contributing to her success and knowledge are –
- Was the owner/manager of a large country restaurant on the Surrey/West Sussex border
- Rode professionally, and had a string of over 20 horses which she competed, trained and bred (now only has 2 horses and 3 ponies though – Meet the Herd above)
- Qualified as a business coach over 10 years ago, she has mentored and supported many small businesses across Hampshire, West Sussex and Surrey
- Has been involved in the events industry for over 15 years as a business owner and manager on a national and international basis. This was her first business and to this day uses the experience she gained from that time.
- Has local, regional, national and international business experience – meaning she has been there and can help you get there too
- Experienced sports club coach – bringing the experience of team building and motivation from sport to the business world
- Experienced lecturer and trainer in marketing and business for colleges, adult education and direct provision
- Has been recognised in business awards at regional and national levels for her business skills, business support and business development, as well as overcoming personal challenges when she was seriously ill to become the success she is today. She has also been in a number of teams that have achieved awards regionally and nationally!
- Speaker at the national TechPixies Festival of Inspiration and the national Mumpreneurs Business Awards as well as being shortlisted for two categories!
- Experience working with B2B and B2C businesses, as well as the charities and not-for-profit sectors
- Has been a trustee and treasurer for her local Riding for the Disabled group while in Southampton
- Built a marketing department from scratch into an industry leader in four years!
Izzy Graney – Executive Assistant
Izzy is currently at college but is also involved in all areas of the business, from sponsored events and helping with clients to answering enquiries and account management.
She has extensive experience in the equestrian, agricultural, automotive and aviation industries which she brings with her to Escape the Village. Her unique experience in the automotive, autosport and aviation industries in particular is a real asset to the business and allows us to support an extended range of businesses! Just don’t start a conversation with her about Formula 1 as you may never escape!
Whether you are self-employed and do your own marketing, have a marketing assistant or apprentice, or even a small team in-house, having access to a knowledgeable and experienced marketing consultant can help to propel your marketing campaigns to a higher level! Liz has the experience, skills and knowledge to make everything about your business’s marketing take off!
Don’t just take our word for it but see what some of our many testimonials have to say about Liz and her support. Why not reach out to us today and discover how we can help you! Book an appointment today to discuss your marketing and how we can help! Let’s grow your business together and achieve your goals. Alternatively, you can email us or visit our Contact Us page, and we can arrange a callback.